10/25/13

Abide in Christ: First Day

Abide in Christ
 by Andrew Murray
"Come to Me" - Matt. 11:28
"Abide in Me" - John 15:4
 
 What is the connection with the "Come to Me" (salvation) and the "Abide in Me" (Christian life)?

"It was not to refresh you for a few short hours after your conversion with the joy of His love and deliverance and then to send you forth to wander in sadness and sin."

"In very truth, there is nothing that moved you to come, that does not plead with thousandfold greater force: 'Abide in Him.' You did well to come; you do better to abide."

On this first day:
The call to "come" - our conversion and all the implications - was only the beginning of something so much more.  There have been seasons in my life that I have felt closer to God and experience more of His "abiding presence."  It is in those seasons, it seems, that I also experienced the most joy, love, and fruit-bearing.  Although this season in my life may differ with circumstances, duties, and available time, it cannot be the excuse for not abiding and experiencing all of those same fruits that I once did.  No more excuses.  I must teach my heart again to abide, only with difference outward circumstances. God has not changed.  The call to "Abide in Me" has not changed.  Christ still calls people to "come" - Christ still implores those same people to "abide." 

Lord, God, I see that you  are never-changing.  Life changes, but You do not.  Lead me in this journey to learning to abide.  Guide me, help me make the time during my day to spend reading and abiding.  All this I do out of love for You and a deep desire to know You more. Amen.

check it out:
"Abide in Christ" by Andrew Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment